"Evil will triumph if good men...and women do nothing."


my adaptation of a quote by Edmund Burke.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Carolina Christmas - the Nevada Way!

I pieced this Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville Carolina Christmas Mystery quilt back in December and it was on my frame for a month!!

I chose to do all scrappy for the piecing except for the Kona Black bacground to tie it all together.

I wanted to do something artsy with the quilting...but quickly realized that it was such a large quilt (90x90) that it would take me a month of Sundays to ever get 'er done.

However, once I started, I knew I had to keep the density consistent throughout the entire quilt. So...I trudged forward...begrudgingly. ;0(

I used black Isacord thread on top, black SoFine in the bobbin, Winline 60/40 cotton/poly black batting and the backing is solid black. Gee...do you think I like black in my quilts?!

I am pleased with the end results. ;0)

I now have a completed Mystery quilt. Thanks Bonnie for a fun pattern. I will enjoy this one for a long time to come! It is soft and cuddly and incredibly warm and fits my King size bed!

Visit http://www.quiltville.com/ and look up Carolina Christmas for the pattern.

1 comment: