"Evil will triumph if good men...and women do nothing."


my adaptation of a quote by Edmund Burke.

Friday, July 23, 2010

Wow...have I been Busy...and Gone!

I was gone for a few days visiting friends'...Dory of Crazy Horse Quilting and Shannon of pieceful kwilter. We had a fun time together quilting and sharing longarming techniques and tools of the trade. We are all working on a needle-turn applique project that Shannon designed. It will be used later as a round robin between the 3 of us so that we will each end up with a wall hanging that us three friends' each worked on. Should be loads of fun. Mine of course...is in batiks! Would you have guessed any different?!

Now that I am back...the three oldest girls want to finish up quilts for the county fair. That would be in 3 weeks from now! Agh!!

Well, let's just say...it should keep me plenty busy helping them..and provide lots of photo opportunities of them sewing. Taylor actually finished her top. It will fit an extra long twin bed. She is very pleased with it. Now to find backing and then she will be quilting it on Frogger...if I ever finish the blue/white quilt I have loaded. Yes, you heard me correctly. It isn't finished yet! It is very, very, very close though.

I will post pics soon...just wanted to check in and let everyone know that we are all fine here in the high desert.

1 comment:

  1. Just read yours and Shannon's blogs. So glad all had a great time!!
    Dell

    ReplyDelete