"Evil will triumph if good men...and women do nothing."


my adaptation of a quote by Edmund Burke.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Baby Quilt for a Friend's Newest Grandson!


I finished this quilt yesterday and even got the binding on and washed/dried it to give to my friend Pat. Her son is expecting their first child very soon. I couldn't resist putting something together for them and the new little one!

I used a combination of 10" squares of black and white prints that I cut apart and swapped sections and also a book panel to get the bright colored learning squares. After all, Pat was a teacher for many years...I thought her Grandson needed something fun that he could use while growing up and yet learn too from his little quilt.

This finished at 50" square and I used a varigated 19wt Polyquilter thread for added dimension and color. I quilted a loopy meander on it for fun.

The back is just perfect for a little boy.

1 comment: