"Evil will triumph if good men...and women do nothing."


my adaptation of a quote by Edmund Burke.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Butterfly Round Robin

From this:
kristinas butterfly applique
To this:
round robin applique plus 2 borders
Isn’t it gorgeous! And I have my two friends, Shannon and Dory, to thank.  Each added a border to my center applique block. To read my original post on how this round robin came to be...read APQS forum friends meet!

Shannon added the curved pieced border…it keeps the quilt ‘soft’ in my opinion. Reminds me of a pagoda.

Dory then added a piano key border with half square triangles in the corners.

I love it!

Please read Shannon’s post…pieceful kwilter: butterfly round robin
And Dory's post...crazy horse quilting: butterfly round robin

NOW..to get busy and decide what kind of border to add next. I really want to add to this quilt and make it larger. I am thinking more curved piecing…and definitely more applique! After all…my quilt should have a frog and a cute bug on it. Get it? Butterfly for Dory…Frog for me…Doodlebug for Shannon. Then it will be complete.

Thanks ladies…I love my quilt top and can’t wait to get it finished so that I can quilt it and hang it in my studio to remind me how special you both are!

Here are the pictures of Dory’s and Shannon’s quilts.
 dorys round robin first border shannons round robin finished
I added the string pieced border to Dory’s (left) and a piano key border to Shannon’s (right).

1 comment:

  1. All of the quilts are beautiful. You three have done yourselves proud.

    ReplyDelete