Wow. 60 string blocks was a lot to finish in one day...but I did it. Yesterday, everything just fell into place and I was given all the time I needed to just sew...all day long. Many thanks to my family. I love you all.
I still need to cut the background for the planned quilt...but that will be easy. I decided since I had 5 yards of a gray...that was my background. No reason to string piece those blocks...so I am taking a gamble...and am just going to cut 60 8.5" squares and hope for the best. There are No quilt police...so I am sure this will work out fine!
Here are the some of the blocks for part 3...they are all done...but I didn't feel like posting each and every block. I used some funky prints. My favorite is a Joe Boxer Toothbrush print. My friend Pat gave me a huge bag of scraps and this was in it. I asked her what on Earth she used it for...and when she said tooth fairy bags for her 3 boys way back when..I thought...how perfect. There is a print from 1984...Looney Tunes characters playing basketball with the Harlem Globe Trotters! That was a fun one too! I also had a book panel called "A Teacher's Pet"...that was printed all wonky, so I never made the book...but I cut it up into strips...and the entire panel is now gone! Thanks Bonnie!
I should say too, that I started with a box of strips that didn't look like much...then after reaching in and pulling pieces...it began to swell. So much so, that strips were falling out and onto the floor. Then, finally, after 60 blocks were made, I was left with just a very small handful of strips in the box. Whew! These blocks cleared out nearly 5 yards of fabric from my stash alone. Who knew I had so many whites with black prints!
I couldn't resist throwing in some bold colors into these. God paints the sky and Earth with color everyday, and I fully intend to use color in my quilting too!