"Evil will triumph if good men...and women do nothing."


my adaptation of a quote by Edmund Burke.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

RRCB Part 5…Done at last…plus, How I did it

I used a paper template method for the hst’s. 

I was able to sew along a grid and after cutting…could get 18 1-1/2” finished hst’s from fabric cut to 6.5” x 8.5”. Not too shabby. 
The corn fabric is my constant “red” fabric...green is background. Not sure what ever possessed me to buy corn fabric in the first place…so instead of Roll Roll Cotton Boll…this quilt will be named ‘Roll Roll Corn Field’. I made 628 of these hst's.

The pink is the constant and white w/black print is the background. This quilt is named ‘Teacher’s Pet’. I ended up making 648 of these little guys.

Guess all the extras can be made into blocks and put on the back of the quilt!

I am loving this mystery thus far. The fabrics are looking good together...and even though my fabrics have changed for the planned scrappy version...I am happy! Thanks Bonnie. Have I said that lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment